An ultralight aircraft is a single or double passenger plane usually utilized for recreational or sport flying. This is controlled or powered through traditional 3-axis control or weight control and can be run using a small engine or electric propulsion system.
There is a substantial overall between light sport aircraft and ultralight aircraft; however, LSA is likely to be bigger and more sophisticated and armed with many features. Depending on where the aircraft is made, it has varying degrees of rules on the size, seat numbers, certifications, maximum takeoff weight, where some ultralights in one region are valid or invalid in another place.
Cohesion in most nations is that this aircraft can just be flown in airspace that is uncontrolled during day time. Types of ultralight aircraft are powered parachutes, fixed wings, trikes, hot air balloons, powered paragliders, helicopters as well as custom models. In America, this aircraft is not needed to be registered, and the pilot doesn’t need a certificate, even if flight training is advised.
Ultralight Aircraft Manufacturers
Here are some of the best known ultralight Aircraft manufacturers
- CGS Hawk Aviation: A renowned manufacturer of ready-to-fly and amateur constricted aircraft, located in Grand Bay, AL. The company is an expert in Part 103 compliant ultralight aircraft that have won many styles and performance awards since 1981. Their aircraft are made from their facility located in Florida and are amongst the most kit aircraft on the market.
- Quicksilver Aircraft: This company has been in the business for many years with 42 years of experience in making aircraft. The company has already sold more than 15,000 models to customers worldwide. They sell ready-to-fly LSA kits as well as ultralight aircraft. The company is located in Temecula, CA.
- Sonex Aircraft: Located in Oshkosh, WI, this company is a renowned manufacturer of kit airplanes which includes single-double seat airplanes, motor gliders, electric sport airplanes, folding wing aircraft, one-engine jets, and a whole lot more. They offer many build choices, and a network of builders to assists makes sure a good product with resources and events.
- Phantom Aeronautics: This is a family-owned company with almost three decades of making ultralight and experimental aircraft. The many years of existence allowed them to support 1800 existing aircraft and remade parts for other aircraft when components are hard to find. The company is located in Three Rivers, MI.
- Air Tech Inc: This is a manufacturer and, at the same time, a distributor of ultralight aircraft, lighting, float, engines, parachute, landing gear, propellers, and many others. They have a catalog of parts for fast sourcing of gearboxes, brake kits, and other systems that can be used to many current crafts.
- Aero Adventure: This is also a renowned manufacturer for small-scale and international clients. They are experts in amphibious aircraft and offer ready-to-fly aircraft and kits all over the world. They offer annual and pre-buy assessments, together with other services.
- Aircraft Supermarket: A manufacturer and at the same time a seller of ultralight craft located in DeSoto, Iowa. The company offers plane rides and lesson on their planes, and they have 3500 sq ft facility is a renowned tourist destination for aviation fanatics.
- Evektor: This is also a renowned manufacturer of ultralight aircraft, raining aircraft as well as electrical aircraft. Located in Kunovice, Czech Republic, the company is popular because of the EV-97 Sportstart that was the first LSA recognized by the FAA. Today, the company is working on electric aircraft for sustainable use utilizing its extensive manufacturing abilities.
- Tecnam: This is an international manufacturer of aircraft, offering three plus models in more than 65 nations all over the world. Their aircraft come in general and ultralight aviation varieties, all with factory-direct customer service, maintenance, flight training as well as warranties. The company has been in this market since 1948, and they are located in Capua, Italy.